Sunday, February 21, 2010

Too Much of a Good Thing?

How do you know if too much of a good thing is, well...too much? I've been encouraging, I mean threatening the kids that along with their trashing junk food books that they read well written time tested books. Noley has been very good about this and has been on a Dog kick recently finishing such books as The Call of the Wild, Balto and the Great Race, Stone Fox and Akiak : A Tale from the Iditarod.
So being the typical parent, I was quite proud until I looked out the window yesterday and witnessed this scene...Noley with HooHaa and MeiMei roped and tied and pulling her on a Scooter as she yelled at them "Mush Mush come on Doggies" When I asked her what she was doing she said she was "training for the Iditarod. What does it look like I am doing?" Uh Noley we live in Sacramento...


1 comment:

Aus said...

You really saved up posts!! Way to go on the ice cube house - very good thinking - and it just shows to go you that a little creating thinking can be better than web research!

And yeah - see - reading can be over rated! (Not really - we're avid readers at our house - but I pick the books!;) )

And ya know - duck ala orange is really tasty....but ya can't buy duck at the grocery...I'm just sayin....

Now - be good - go take your medicine and get back to bed....the family needs you well!

hugs - aus and co.