Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Faith is the greatest of all "Property"... for Edie...

The funny thing about blog world, is that one can become very aquainted and attached to people one has never even met. Two years ago, I was introduced (or more like stumbled) across a woman whose blog spoke freely of passion. Her passion rang a tone of familiarity to me like a kindered spirit. And sometimes in ways that were challenging to my day to day rountine life - like the freindly slap of reality by a dear friend. I found her weekly doses of passion were infectous---be it books, family, food, creativity, home, life, sprituality---she touched them all. She is one who is truthful, honest with herself and others and is brave enough to share it with all who will listen. All qualities to admire and respect.

Two weeks ago, my dear blogland friend's life changed when she and her family lost their home and all of their worldly posessions in an early morning fire. I feel great sadness for her loss and as I would with any friend wish I could reach out and help take some of the pain away. So instead, I am sending out some words of support and love to a family I know but have never met. Edie, here are three quotes that I wish to share with you and your family during this time of transisition.

"Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds"

"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world."

"On a long journey of human life, faith is the best of companions; it is the best refreshment on the journey; and it is the greatest property."

Keep the faith Edie as you always do. Happy birthday. May 2011 behold much grace for you and your family.

Here is her blog. www.lifeingraceblog.com

Hugs from the west coast Edie.

3 comments:

Little Chicks Info said...

Samba! Found your cute blog from Edie's blog...I grew up in Sacramento and moved to Utah about 6 years ago...I miss it so much...look forward to reading your blog and invite you to read mine...what part of Sac Town do you live in?
Christine of http://www.thisandthatcreations.blogspot.com

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a great post....so glad I found you and love that I found Edie

{edie} said...

thank you so much for ministering grace and love to me, for praying, and for sharing our burden. we have been so encouraged and strengthened by the outpouring of love. thank you so much.
hugs and much love,
edie