Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back from the Barista's




I left the cold pacific northwest or timberland and arrived back home in the California sun. The yahoos were happy to see me and I was happy to see them. Everyone was in one piece and appeared to be "scalped free" MeiMei even went so far as to tell me that her hair was just as it was when I left and that "she did not cut it his time." Mr T did a good job. The yahoos did confess that they ate cookies for dinner, went to Mc Donalds, Wendys, Fords and had Ice cream and candy for snacks. So... what can I say...the house was clean.


The US Barista Championship Competition was quite interesting---now not that that event was the only reason I was up there but it is the only one I will TALK ABOUT. Who would have ever thought that grinding coffee beans could be so darn interesting. I mean how much does a barista make? 18k, 20K, maybe 25K? Not to be a snooty educational elite, but I have to confess these talented coffee folks were impressive. They spouted bean knowledge to the degree of a sommelier. I learned about climate, acidity, altitude, and processing. Never did a coffee bean seem so important. Food Network was filming the event so keep your eyes open for non pierced non tattooed tall blond in the background and you'll see moi. Congratulations Mike Phillips for winning.


1 comment:

Duchess of Lanier said...

Cool!

Sorry I've been out of touch.

Was hoping you'd have dossier news?!

Glad to know of no scalpings!

Should I throw away all of our scissors now???