Friday, June 27, 2008

Leave it to Fargo...

I came home this afternoon to a waiting overnight packet from Fargo North Dakota. Yeah! two days ago we requested DaddyO's (DO) birth certificate and it was here and oh so fast. Well I open the darn thing and what do I find.... a USELESS COPY OF HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Yep! I paid for a certified copy and got two photo copies for the price of two certified copies. It is a good thing I know what I need because if I had not worked on compiling a dossier before I would have tried to use to send to DC and the embassy only to have it rejected. ARughhhh...
It was too late to call North Dakota this afternoon when I got home. I will call on Monday and have it fixed. I paid $16 to have it overnighted (which at the time seemed like a bargain compared to Vital Check which was going to cost me close to $40 for the same thing). I hate to have to pay again for someones clerical error. I will re-request new certified copies on Monday and should have them back to me mid next week. The icky part is I have to have DO call and he is bad at that stuff...or more like he puts it at the end of his list.

No comments: