Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2 Years Ago...
















These photos arrived in my email. Actually a file of a little girl arrived in my email for Mr T and I to review and see if we wanted to learn more about her. The file gave her limited history and medical information. Dx= Cleft Lip and Palate.
Okay so I could deal with that...but what I could not deal with was that they did not send any photos along with her file. I could not understand why the agency would not send any photos...could her cleft be so awful that she was too bad to even look at? Was she so disfigured that she would frighten us? Did she have five eyes or something?.... Uh nope. A simple phone call in the morning concluded that they forgot to attach the photos. Mystery solved.
These are the images we opened... The first photo (the bottom with her in pink) showed us a scared little helpless girl...the final close up face shot up at the top of this post showed us a little girl who said "lead, follow or step out of the way...no on second thought take that back...just step aside!" Boy was that top photo ever right!

No comments: